Mac OS X on Your Computer Series

Friday, September 30, 2011

After installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard on my Acer Aspire One and obtaining a successful result, I decided to try to install Mac OS X on my other computer, an Asus P5KPL-CM. Using a similar procedure to the one that I outlined in my Snow Leopard on an Acer Aspire One series, I successfully got it all the way up to 10.6.8.

In the Mac OS X on Your PC Series, I will show you how to get from Snow Leopard to Lion step by step. I will try my best to outline everything that needs to be outlined but no two computers are the same.

I am hoping that this series will be a more refined and general version to the one that I released with the Aspire One. If you have an Aspire One or netbook, you can read this series, but if you want one that is more tailored to your system, try the Snow Leopard on an Aspire One Series.

Without further ado, I will commence this series and make each definitive part a separate article to avoid confusion and make commenting easy. I do ask that if you comment on an article that you comment on the one that pertains to your problem.

Take to heart that I don’t have every computer in the world so I can’t help you with every problem that you have, but I will try my best when I find the time to get to it.

If you are running an AMD processor, this tutorial will work for you, but since Mac OS X isn’t designed for AMD processors, there really is no further support that I can offer besides the support that will be outlined.

To start, choose the first article in the Mac OS X Progress List Below. All of the topics in the Mac OS X Progress list will become links as they become available.

Mac OS X Progress

  1. Your Side Guide to Mac OS X on a PC
  2. Preparing your System for Mac OS X
  3. Reinstalling Windows without Breaking Mac OS X
  4. Filling in Some Missing Gaps of Your Hackintosh
  5. Installing a Boot loader for your Hackintosh
  6. Fixing Wireless Issues

Mac OS X Snow Leopard

  1. Preparing your Installers for Mac OS X
  2. Installing Mac OS X on your PC Part 1: Drivers
  3. Installing Mac OS X on your PC Part 2: Account
  4. Working with Broken Kexts on Your Hackintosh
  5. Updating Your Hackintosh to 10.6.8

Mac OS X Lion

Upgrading from Snow Leopard

  1. Upgrading to Lion on a PC with Snow Leopard Part 1: Preparation
  2. Upgrading to Lion on a PC with Snow Leopard Part 2: Installation

Updating Lion

  1. Updating Lion to 10.7.2 on a PC 
  2. Updating Lion to 10.7.3 on a PC
  3. Updating Lion to 10.7.4 on a PC

Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Upgrading from Snow Leopard or Lion

  1. Mountain Lion on Your PC: Preparation
  2. Mountain Lion on Your PC: Installation
  3. Mountain Lion on Your PC: Fixing Broken Kexts

Updating Lion

  1. Updating Mountain Lion to 10.8.2 on a PC

You might also be interested in the Snow Leopard on an Aspire One Series

The Hackintosh Removal Guide

4 Blogger:

Joshua Bjorge said...

I want to dual boot to Windows 7 on my Hackintosh. It's (my hackintosh) currently running 10.7.0 because when I updated to 10.2, I ran into problems. So I want to dual boot windows, Windows, will be on it's separate HD. Im just not sure how it will boot up, I want to be able to choose to boot into Windows or Mac OS X.

Julian said...

@Joshua BjorgeWell, you made your life very easy by choosing to install Windows on a separate hard drive. You just install Windows to that Hard drive and it will set itself as active, but, the boot priority in the BIOS determines what comes first so make your Mac Hard drive first in boot and make sure it has a boot loader. Then, the boot loader will recognize the Windows hard drive after hitting any key to interrupt it and just select and boot. Otherwise, had it been on the same hard drive - the instructions are given in the series - you would have had to play with the "active" partitions to get everything up and running.

el bendito said...

Hi, Julian. I also have a acer aspire One D-250 (-03b) and Snow Leopard 10.6.3 installed from Iatkos S3 v2, but i couldn't fix my wifi connection by following your instructions. Do you know what could happen? Why this doesnt work for my AAOD250? And by the way, do you know any patch to fix the problem with the vga out to external monitor on OSX 10.6.3 and AAOD250??? Thank you so much, and sorry for my english (I'm spanish) you do a great work with your website, congratullations!

Julian said...

@el benditoIn the end of the day, you just have to find the right kext. Now when I started this, the only resource I had for Wi-Fi was "replace the wi-fi card" and well in my case I found the corresponding Atheros Kext as you saw as you downloaded, installed it as per my instructions and it didn't work. I am assuming you also went into the Network settings and tinkered to see if it would detect it last minute - this happened with me upon updating and having to re-install the kext. At this point, the one place I can point you to is kexts.com which is where I got my kexts and based on what I saw, if it isn't there it isn't available or you will have to search around. Hackintosh isn't exact so in a lot of cases you will have to experiment with kexts but the installation procedure, luckily, stays the same - it's just finding that right kext.

As for your VGA issue, that could also be a kext issue. Kexts are Mac's drivers and settings. Make sure that your hackintosh boots with the graphics tags attached - I am pretty sure that the tutorial on that is somewhere! Good luck playing with kexts, I know that it is tedious but that truly is the way it works!

If you find the kext, please do provide a link to it so that others can try it too!

Post a Comment

 
Computer Software is Your Friend © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions